Friday, January 9, 2009

Asia or Asya?

The time had come,the moment had arrived.Whether we realize or not,it is already 10th Jan 2009.This is a crucial year where we will face AUSMAT.Anyway,I really miss my former English lecturer,Mrs Lee.She was damn good in guiding and assisting us in her subject.Under her supervision,I manage to score well in IELTS.Thank you very much Mrs. Lee!!

I am very passionate to enter my class on the first day.I hope to do better this year so that I will be able to fly to Australia.It is like a dream come true if such thing happened.As I stepped into my new class,A 512,I am surprise to see a woman foreigner,with blonde hair,blue eyes and bright white skin searching for plce to sit.”Wow,this must be interesting!!We got new member of the class”.Together with her,there were 5 more new students.On the first day,I didn’t manage to know her name and get to know each other.

Eventually,on 9TH Jan,we enter our class for EALD lesson.Our new English lecturer,Mrs. Chan, was cheerful ,affectionate and happy-go-lucky person.Frankly,I like her teaching style very much.Then,an unexpected occasion occur.The new student,which I had mentioned earlier,sat beside me.Oh God?!Is this true??To show my hospitality,I asked her name.She said something sound like ‘Asia’.Asia?Weird isn’t it.I asked her to write her name on a piece of paper.It is ‘Asya’ and not ‘Asia’.

From my observation,Asya’s level in mastering English is really excellent and outstanding.The style she speak,intonation,and vocalization is really close to a native English speaker,although she came from Khazakstan.In EALD lesson that day,Mrs. Chan made a lucky darw for impromptu speech.Indera choose her to deliver a speech regarding a special gift that you had received.

When she deliver her speech in front,everybody seems to be hypnotized by her ability to speak English very well.Mrs. Chan praised her and said ”This is what I want.Simple,clear and entertaining.”So,moral of the story,we should not underestimate people,regardless of whatever their nationalities are.Next,try to make as much friend as you can.There is a proverb say “Make friend with thousand of people,but be loyal to your loved ones’

No comments:

Post a Comment